Bonnet House Plein Air Series
Linda Fleischman lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. Linda’s Bonnet House plein air paintings reflect her inspiration from the great beauty of nature and the special spirit Frederic and Evelyn Bartlett continue to share with us on Fort Lauderdale Beach. You will find Linda painting on location at the Bonnet House and local historical scenes. Each painting is sized at 18" x 24" oil on stretched canvas. Percentage of plein air painting sales will go towards fundraising for the preservation of our natural environments for special habitats & ecosystems such as Audubon Society, Sierra Club & World Wildlife Fund. Flyover image for title & description.
This plein air painting 18h"x24w" oil on canvas represents a view of Rosie's Palace. This is a small barn for Frederick Birch's mule that now houses the restored 1935 Case "CC" tractor that replaced Rosie.
Evelyn's Hibiscus Garden
SOLD This plein air painting 18h"x24w" oil on canvas represents a view of Evelyn's Hibiscus Gardens situated next to the Plantation House Estate.
Aviary Courtyard Gardens
SOLD This plein air painting 24h"x18w" oil on canvas represents Evelyn's aviary positioned inside the Bonnet House courtyard gardens of their Plantation Estate.
Courtyard Sculpture Garden
SOLD This plein air painting 24h"x18w" oil on canvas represents a view of the sculpture displayed inside the Bonnet House courtyard gardens along with the Aviary.
Guesthouse & Orchidhouse of the Bonnet House, circa 1920
SOLD 18h"x24w" oil on canvas The Bonnet House Orchid Greenhouse is where some of the extensive orchid collection is cared for and housed. The Orchid Lathe House provides a protected environment for some of the several hundred orchid plants that comprise Evelyn Bartlett's collection. Some of Mrs. Bartlett's original specimens are decades old. Frederic designed the Shell Museum Complex in 1935 as a gift to Evelyn to showcase some of her favorite things such as her orchid collection & shells.
SOLD 18h"x24w" oil on canvas The Chickee Bridge now replaced the simple plank bridge that crossed the marshland of sawgrass leading to the Bonnet House beach. The marsh was dredged, clearing the slough and ponds on the eastern side of the property. The original thatched roof was created by a local group of Seminoles of the Osceola family.
SOLD 18h"x24h" oil on canvas The Island Theatre was designed by Frederic and built in 1938. This structure is surrounded by a moat stocked with koi. The theatre was originally built to show home movies. Today's structure is a replica of the original and is used for meetings, classes & exhibits.
SOLD 18h"x24w" oil on canvas The Pavilion was designed by Frederic Bartlett for parties. This space was used by the Bartletts for afternoon lounging, playing cards or visiting with friends. The Pavilion, built in 1936, overlooks the Lily Pond where the Spatterdock (bonnet lily) grows.
Carl Weinhardt Gallery
SOLD 18h"x24h" oil on canvas The Carl Weinhardt Gallery is attached to the Plantation Estate and designed especially to display Evelyn Bartlett's paintings. Today the art gallery displays and features local artists.